- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional: Cayenne or your favorite seasonings
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle olive oil on baking sheet.
- Cut off the woody bottom part of the asparagus spears and discard.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin on the bottom 2-3 inches of the spears (this keeps the asparagus from being all “stringy” and if you eat asparagus you know what I mean by that).
- Sprinkle with salt and optional seasonings.
- With your hands, roll the asparagus around until they are evenly coated with oil and salt.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your stalks and how tender you like them.They should be tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- The tips of the spears will get very brown but watch them to prevent burning.