- 2 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- lemon wedges ( for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim the asparagus stalks (I usually cut off the bottom inch or so) Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan and return to the oven for about one more minute.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe came from Ina Garten of the Barefoot Contessa