Castor oil packs are not only effective but soothing. They can be used for children and adults as well.
- The right side of the abdomen to stimulate the liver. They are often recommended as part of a liver detox program.
- On inflamed and swollen joints, bursitis, and muscle strains.
- The abdomen to relieve constipation and other digestive disorders.
- The lower abdomen in cases of menstrual irregularities and uterine and ovarian cysts.
- On your back for chronic back pain.
- On breasts for fibrocystic cysts.
Earth Clinic Folk Remedies has this to say about castor oil cures:
A castor oil pack is placed on the skin to increase circulation and to promote elimination and healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. It is used to stimulate the liver, relieve pain, increase lymphatic circulation, reduce inflammation, and improve digestion.
Watch this great video from Weary T T.V. that shows you about using Castor Oil packs for children’s fever.
How to make a castor oil pack”
1) For a Castor oil pack you will need a cotton or wool flannel cloth folded in several layers to hold the oil. It`s important to get a good quality, cold-pressed oil.
2) Saturate the cloth in oil (about 1/2 Cup) and apply it to the skin. Packs are frequently applied to the liver and intestinal areas, or joints and muscles.
3) Optional: Plastic should be placed over the pack to keep the oil from dripping.
4) Place a heating pad or hot water bottle over the pack. You want it warm enough to warm the skin below for the duration of the time the pack is on, usually one hour. You may want to cover this whole pack with an old towel as castor oil stains and will not wash out of fabric.
5) They can be used every day for weeks at a time, or a less intensive schedule would be three times a week over two weeks. Because of the antimicrobial properties of the oil, the same pack can be used over again many times before discarding. I would replace after a month’s usage.
6) After 60-90 minutes, the skin should be cleansed with a baking soda solution: 1 teaspoon baking soda to 1 pint water. You can wipe this over the area you treated in the shower (if desired) and shower off.
7) Store your pack in the refrigerator.
I have read different things on the subject of how often to use the packs. The safest seems to be to use the Castor Oil packs for an hour each day for three days, off four days. If one is really ill then five days on, three days off has been suggested.
Have a tummy ache? Let these little ones show you what to do.